Wednesday 23 October 2013

Ysl amazingness

What a fabulous brand to begin my blogging journey again, yes guys I must say sorry for my absence. I have been away on a holiday and unbeknown to me there was no wifi :(. I honestly felt like I had lost an arm or something. I had been so well prepared as well, I had brought lots of goodies for my holiday. If you know me I am sure you can imagine just how much!! Anyway I am back now, with my daily chit chat about all things beauty. I also got a few goodies to show you all, I cannot wait.

I picked up a few items from YSL for my hols and I got a fabulous GWP, yes you read that correctly a GWP from YSL. This was not advertised, I was told about this through the grape vine. Actually the offer was to purchase a full sized foundation and you got a full sized cream blusher FREE. I tweaked this a little and brought a nail polish and a lippie and they still gave me the offer.




YSL Rouge Pur Couture #13
I have been eyeing this shade up for well over a year, but always chickened out of it. I don't why I am scared of the brights?? But I am sooooo glad I picked this up, I wore this most nights and with a slight tan it looked amazing. Oh I forgot to mention this is  Le Orange, made famous by Kourtney Kardashian. The formula is super cream and lasted a good few hours on my lips. I hardly needed to reapply after eating either. I really like this range, its simply beautiful. I also like the packaging, even though I have noticed how quickly the casing has scratched.




Nail Lacquer #34
Jade Imperial was released over the summer months and I missed the boat, I had been on the hunt for ages and had been told time after time it was all sold out. Can you picture my reaction when I spotted this actually on display?? I could not believe my luck, I have no idea if this is now in the permanent range? Its a beautiful green/grey shade. I am in love with this muted, dusky green. The finish is a cream and lasted for a few days.




Now onto the amazing GWP, this is a full sized product worth £29.00, what a brilliant GWP. I was not expecting a full sized product in the original Cream blusher packaging. I could not of asked for a more perfect shade either, its simply beautiful, and a real Jen colour.



YSL Creme De Blush #2
Completely free...............WOW




The formula is amazing, a mouse like texture that applies with ease to my skin. It has a powder like finish once applied. I like to dab with my fingers and then pat onto the skin I want the shade of colour to be or I sometimes use my Real Techniques stippling brush. Either way works well and ensures a perfect amount of product. If your are new to cream blusher and want to purchase your first, I would say this is a perfect introduction for you. It works wonders and is super easy to use.

 
 
 
I was also given a couple more foundation samples to try, I know I love the formula of there new foundation I just cannot get the correct shade. Any thoughts?? I will be purchasing the full sized very soon, its a lovely base for everyday wear.
 
 
 
Again I am so sorry to have been away for a while, I want to thank you all for taking the time to read through my older posts. I truly have missed you guys, I also really appreciate those of you have sent messages asking where I was and to blog again. I have so many posts to write, I picked up bits from Sisley, Dior, Chanel, Catrice, Essence, Valentino, La Roche Posay and Inglot to name a few from my hols and  I have also been told by my hubby he has brought me the Selfridges Advent Calendar again this year. YIPPPEEEEE how exciting, I will be posting about that before you know it. By the way. I LOVE Christmas, do you?
 
 
 
 
 
Jen x

2 comments:

  1. These goodies look amazing, LOVE the blush and even better it was free! What a bargain! :)
    LouLovesbeauty
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back blogging Jen. Lovely haul x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, i read everyone & will reply back asap